AR-556 300 Blackout Rifle
The AR-556 300 Blackout Rifle with free-float handguard is now available chambered in .300 Blackout.
This addition to the Ruger® AR-556 rifle line features a 16.10″ cold hammer-forged barrel with a 1:7″ twist and pistol-length gas system to reliably function with both the lightest supersonic hunting rounds and heavy, subsonic rounds.
The rifle also boasts an 11″ aluminum free-float handguard with Magpul® M-LOK® accessory attachment slots and a standard pistol grip for easy user customization.
The dust cover and metal magazine are marked with the caliber for easy identification of both the rifle and ammunition. The pistol-length gas system is tuned to run with a wide variety of ammunition, with or without a silencer. The 5/8″-24 muzzle threads are capped with a thread protector.
- 11″ aluminum handguard is free-floated for accuracy and features Magpul® M-LOK® accessory attachment slots along the 3:00, 6:00 and 9:00 positions with additional slots on the angled faces near the muzzle.
- Flat top upper receiver features a Picatinny rail for easy attachment of magnified optic, red dot or open sights.
- Made from 7075-T6 hard-coat anodized aluminum forgings, shot-peened and proof-tested 9310 steel bolt, and 8620 steel bolt carrier. The inside diameter of the carrier and gas key are chrome plated and the key is staked for longevity.
- Single-stage trigger provides durable and reliable fire control. The enlarged trigger guard is designed to allow gloved shooting in cold weather.
- Six-position, telescoping, M4-style buttstock and Mil-Spec buffer tube allow the rifle to be properly sized for different shooters or varying levels of outerwear.
- Equipped with a heavy-contour, cold hammer-forged 4140 chrome-moly steel barrel with ultra-precise rifling provides exceptional accuracy, longevity and easy cleaning. M4 feed ramps provide improved reliability, and the matte black oxide finish reduces glare and provides corrosion resistance.
- Ergonomic pistol grip features an extended trigger reach for more precise trigger control.
- Made from aerospace-grade 7075-T6 aluminum forging, the flat top upper receiver features a forward assist, dust cover and brass deflector.
- Also includes: one, 30-round metal magazine.
- Model Number: 8530
- Caliber: 300 Blackout
- Stock: Black Synthetic Collapsible
- Front Sight: None
- Rear Sight: None
- Barrel Length: 16.10″
- Thread Pattern: 5/8″-24
- Feature: Free-Float Handguard
- Handguard: Free-Float with M-LOK® Attachment Slots
- Twist: 1:7″ RH
- Capacity: 30
- Receiver Finish: Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- Height: 7.20″
- Weight: 6.4 lb.
- Overall Length: 33″ – 36.25″
- Length of Pull: 10.25″ – 13.50″
- Grooves: 5